Skip to content
- Arlyne De Vries ’43 Ten Clay→
- Mrs. Arlyne Ten Clay, age 95, of Orange City, passed away on Friday, May 18, 2018, at the Prairie Ridge Care Center in Orange City. There will be a funeral service on Saturday, May 26, at 11:00am, at the American Reformed Church in Orange City. The Rev. Michael Hardeman and the Rev. Elizabeth Hardeman will … Continue reading "Arlyne De Vries ’43 Ten Clay"
- Elizabeth McCann ’44 Hartsema→
- Elizabeth M. “Boots” Hartsema, age 95, of Muskegon, Michigan, passed away Tuesday, June 12, 2018. She was born October 8, 1922 in Muskegon to William and Flora (Spyke) McCann and had been a life resident of the area. Boots graduated from Hope College with a Bachelor’s Degree in Education and was a member of the DELTA PHI … Continue reading "Elizabeth McCann ’44 Hartsema"
- Shirley Lemmen ’45 Kammeraad→
- Shirley Anne Kammeraad, age 94, of Holland died August 6, 2018, at Resthaven Care Center. Shirley was a charter member of Christ Memorial Church where she served in the choir. She graduated from Hope College with a teaching degree. Because Shirley adored children her dream in life was to have a lovely family. She was … Continue reading "Shirley Lemmen ’45 Kammeraad"
- Neil Cocker ’48→
- Neil Cocker ’48 of Huntsville, Tennessee, died on Wednesday, July 11, 2018. He was 93. He served in the United States Navy. He worked for TVA until his retirement. Survivors include his children, Timothy Cocker, Susan McBarron and Thomas Cocker; five grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
- James Yuk ’48→
- James Yuk ’48 age 93, of Henrico, Virginia, peacefully passed away June 23, 2018. He was preceded in death by his parents, John and Jennie Yuk; and brother, Richard K. Yuk, all of Grand Haven, Michigan; as well as brother, Carl T. Yuk of Spring Lake, Michigan. He is survived by his wife of 64 … Continue reading "James Yuk ’48"
- Adrian Vander Sluis ’50→
- Adrian Vander Sluis ’50, age 93 of Holland, passed away on June 4, 2018 at Resthaven Care Center in Holland, MI. He was born on September 12, 1924 to Leonard and Jennie VanderSluis in Holland. Ade served his Country in the United States Army during WWII, from 1943 to 1946, where he was a Staff … Continue reading "Adrian Vander Sluis ’50"
- Kenneth Decker ’51→
- Kenneth Decker ’51 was born February 3, 1928 in Danforth Illinois, the son of George Eddward Decker and Angie W. Booi Decker. He passed away Sunday June 17, 2018 at St. Mary’s Hospital in Kankakee Illinois. He married Eleanor Louise Moore on September 15, 1950. She passed away February 5, 1997. He was also proceeded … Continue reading "Kenneth Decker ’51"
- LaVerne Sikkema ’51→
- LaVerne Sikkema ’51, age 91, of Holland passed away on Friday, July 13, 2018. He is survived by his wife of 66 years, the former Lorraine Van Farowe. LaVerne was born near Morrison, Il on April 7, 1927. He graduated from Hope College and Cornell University. Later he attended Western Michigan University to obtain aviation training. Together … Continue reading "LaVerne Sikkema ’51"
- William Oakes Sr. ’53→
- William Oakes Sr. ’53, 95, of New Port Richey, Florida, formerly of Grand Haven, passed away August 1, 2018. He was born August 17, 1922, in Kalamazoo, Michigan. He served in World War II in the Army, fought in the Pacific Theater and earned the Victory Medal, three Bronze Stars, Good Conduct Medal and many … Continue reading "William Oakes Sr. ’53"
- James Dyke van Putten Jr. ’55→
- Dr. James Dyke van Putten Jr. ’55, 84, died Tuesday, October 2, 2018. For those who knew Jim well, they will remember a person who challenged his own paradigms, continually asking “ How do you know?” He resisted any one way of thinking. They will not remember him belittling people or calling them names or … Continue reading "James Dyke van Putten Jr. ’55"
- Thomas Carey ’56→
- Thomas Carey ’56, 85, of Holland, Michigan, passed away August 16, 2018. Tom was born May 4, 1933, in Bravo, Michigan, to Hazel and John Carey and attended Holland Public Schools. After a year of playing football at Western State Colorado University in Gunnison, Colorado his love for the lovely Julie Smith, now his wife of 61 … Continue reading "Thomas Carey ’56"
- Roger Garvelink ’58→
- Roger Garvelink ’58, 82, of Douglas, died on July 3, 2018 from complications of Alzheimer’s disease. He grew up in Holland, MI, attended Hope College and began his career as a math teacher at Zeeland High School. He became the principal of both junior and senior high schools in the Detroit area. After earning a … Continue reading "Roger Garvelink ’58"
- Robert Trimmer ’60→
- Robert Trimmer ’60, 80, of Granger, Indiana, passed away peacefully on Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 3:45 pm. Born in Binghamton, NY to Charles and Dorothy Trimmer, he was raised in Schenectady and lived most of his life in Elkhart and Granger, Indiana.Robert graduated from Hope College in Holland, MI with a chemistry major and biology minor. … Continue reading "Robert Trimmer ’60"
- Thomas Leupen ’62→
- Thomas Leupen ’62, alias “Abe Snake”, passed away on Sept 29, 2018. His Home-Going Celebration Service will be Sat, Oct 13th (10am) at Victorious Life Assembly of God in Lewisville, Tx. The Viewing will take place on Fri, Oct 12th (7pm) at Mulkey-Mason Funeral Home in Lewisville, Tx. Tom was born Feb 9, 1940 in … Continue reading "Thomas Leupen ’62"
- Daniel Ogden ’64→
- Daniel Ogden ’64, age 76, husband of Sharon Ogden, of Phoenixville, PA, entered eternal life on Monday, September 17, 2018 in Paoli Hospital. Born on January 23, 1942 in Dumont, NJ, he was a son of the late Daniel and Eva (Lawrence) Ogden. The Rev. Dr. Daniel Ogden graduated in 1960 from Dumont High School, … Continue reading "Daniel Ogden ’64"
- Pamela Eaton ’67 Brown→
- Word has been received of the death of Pamela Eaton ’67 Brown of Bloomington, Indiana, who died on Thursday, July 19, 2018. Survivors include her husband, Stephen Brown; and children, Eric Vogas ’94 and Kristen Vogas
- Ellen Kulp ’69 Buchanan→
- Ellen Kulp ’69 Buchanan died on July 11, 2018, in St. Paul, Minnesota. Ellen was born on April 22, 1947 in New Jersey to Helen and J. Laurence Kulp. Growing up, she lived in Demarest, NJ and Ridgewood, NJ, and spent a year in Oxford, UK. In her youth, Ellen was an accomplished violinist, and … Continue reading "Ellen Kulp ’69 Buchanan"
- Stephen Lundquist ’69→
- Stephen Lundquist ’69 passed away Friday, August 3, 2018. Steve was born June 1, 1947, in New York, New York, to James and Helen Lundquist. He graduated from East Rutherford High School and was a long time resident of Carlstadt, New Jersey. Stephen received a bachelor’s degree from Hope College in Holland, Michigan. He was a civics … Continue reading "Stephen Lundquist ’69"
- Linda Bos ’77→
- Linda Bos ’77 of Rogers City, Michigan, died on Monday, July 30, 2018. Linda was blessed in her career, loving her 3 major occupations. She served as a house parent at Parkview Adult Foster Care Home from 1977-1985; Associate Minister from 1985-1992 (The Crystal Cathedral Congregation in Garden Grove, CA); and Hospice Chaplain from 1992-2011 … Continue reading "Linda Bos ’77"
- John Tousley ’81→
- John Tousley ’81, age 59, of Waupun, WI, passed away unexpectedly on Saturday, July 21, 2018, at his home. John was born on December 19, 1958, in Royal Oak, MI, the son of John Clifford and Barbara Joan (Ridall) Tousley. John graduated Summa Cum Laude from Hope College in MI in 1981 with a BA in Religion. … Continue reading "John Tousley ’81"
- Jeffrey Muiderman ’83→
- Jeffrey Muiderman ’83 Our beautiful husband, brother, son, uncle and friend Jeff Muiderman died in a vehicle accident, due to a medically related event, on October 1, 2018. Born in Grand Rapids, Michigan on August 23, 1961, Jeff moved to Oregon in 1984, planning to attend law school and become an environmental lawyer. He loved … Continue reading "Jeffrey Muiderman ’83"
- Marsha Usiak ’86 Lillich→
- Marsha Usiak ’86 Lillich went to her heavenly home on September 18, 2018. She was born in Hart, MI on April 5, 1964 to Paul and Barbara Usiak. She graduated from Shelby High School and later Hope College. Marsha married Rick Lillich in 1993 and they shared 25 years of marriage, having two children; Lauren and … Continue reading "Marsha Usiak ’86 Lillich"
- Dorothy Contant ’50 Hendrickson→
- Dorothy Contant ’50 Hendrickson , age 90 years. Beloved wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother experienced the promise of eternal life on July 27, 2018. She was born and raised in Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey daughter of Peter and May Contant. After graduating from Hasbrouck Heights High School, Dorothy boarded a train to Hope College in Holland, … Continue reading "Dorothy Contant ’50 Hendrickson"