Window to Hope’s History: Kletz

Among Dutch settlers and their descendants in Holland, the term kletz paired with koffee meant an informal chance to chat, and so the snack bar that opened in Van Raalte Hall in October 1944 became the “Koffee Kletz.” Even as its menu and formal name have evolved, the Kletz has been a meaningful part of campus ever since, first in Van Raalte and then in DeWitt. It’ll alight by summer’s end in the new Jim and Martie Bultman Student Center as the Kletz Market, offering updated cuisine—along with the same opportunity as always for good fellowship.

Spring 2017